Security is our top priority
The security and integrity of the ShopWired ecommerce platform is our top priority.
We work around the clock to maintain our infrastructure and network to protect and guard against the most harmful and pernicious threats, to maintain the security of your website, data and your customers’ data.
As part of our commitment to security, ShopWired works to the highest levels of the information security standard in the ecommerce industry, known as PCI Compliance.
ShopWired works to the standards of Level 1 PCI Compliance
Maintaining a secure network
We maintain a powerful firewall which protects our network which is hosted by Amazon Web Services, one of the most secure hosting environments.
Protecting cardholder data
We do not store card holder data. We encrypt data when it is transmitted from our servers to payment system providers.
Implementing access control measures
Data is restricted and only disclosed on a need-to-know basis. Access to system components is restricted.
Guarding against vulnerabilities
We perform regular scans looking for vulnerabilities and potential penetration weak-spots.
Monitoring and testing networks
We track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data, regularly testing security systems and processes.
Keeping an information security policy
We maintain and regularly review a strong information security policy, under the strict direction of our head of infosec.
Security frequently asked questions
Is ShopWired PCI compliant?
Yes. ShopWired is PCI compliant and works to Level 1 standards.
Is my website PCI compliant?
Yes, as long as your website is hosted on the ShopWired platform it will be PCI compliant. All websites hosted on ShopWired are automatically PCI compliant.
How do you ensure the security of ShopWired?
ShopWired carries out regular scans of our platform looking for the latest vulnerabilities. Our platform is coded to OWASP standards and all data is hosted with Amazon Web Services who work to the highest standards of internet and data security.
Do I need an SSL certificate for my website?
Probably yes. If you are using a payment gateway that keeps the user on your website to enter their card information then yes you will need an SSL certificate. You will also need one if you intend on using third party service like Google Shopping.
How can I ensure my website and data is secure?
ShopWired takes care of a lot of common security issues for you but there are some steps you should be taking to ensure security of your business:
- Change your ShopWired account password regularly, and don’t tell anyone your ShopWired account email address (we’d recommend using an email address you don’t use for anything else apart from logging into your ShopWired account).
- If you store customer data outside of ShopWired you should do so in a secure way. Print as little as possible. If you use removable media (like an external hard drive) keep it securely and encrypt the data.
- Scan your computer regularly for viruses and malware.
- Keep work and personal computers separate and restrict work computers solely to business use.
- Know what to do in the event of a data breach - you have a legal and ethical duty to your customers to handle their data securely.